When some teeth are too damaged, they must be repaired or replaced with implants, crowns, veneers, prostheses, etc. At Clinique Dentaire Champlain in Brossard, a wish shared by the majority of our clients is to have a beautiful 100% natural dentition. In this blog, we present 10 habits to avoid in order to have healthy teeth.
1. Neglecting brushing: To avoid several oral problems, clean your teeth at least twice a day for 2 minutes with a soft-bristled brush.
2. Eat highly acidic foods: citrus fruits, soft drinks, coffee, vinegar and sour candies attack the enamel. Think “moderation”!
3. Smoking: in addition to staining teeth, smoking harms tissue oxygenation and promotes the development of oral diseases.
4. Grind your teeth: If you suffer from bruxism, know that there are effective solutions to this problem. Talk to your dentist about it!
5. Eat sweet, sticky foods: if you chew caramels or dried fruit, for example, rinse your mouth and brush your teeth immediately afterwards.
6. Bite hard things: to prevent microcracks in the enamel, avoid biting into ice cubes or cores and never use your teeth to tear packaging or open bottles.
7. Avoid flossing: the spaces between your teeth are not accessible to the bristles of the brush. Get into the habit of using silk every night!
8. Buy abrasive cosmetics: “ultra-white” toothpastes and bleaching kits sold in pharmacies can damage the enamel. Opt for professional dental care!
9. Engage in risky activities without protection: when playing a sport, knocks, falls and impacts can break your teeth. Wear a mouthguard!
10. Avoid dental appointments: don’t wait until you have a painful problem to see a doctor – a cleaning exam every 6 to 9 months is strongly recommended.
At Clinique Dentaire Champlain in Brossard, our team of dentists offers you a wide range of treatments and care – including professional, enamel safe whitening! – to give you a dazzling smile. A dental emergency? We are at your service 7 days a week: call us for an appointment the same day!